Thursday, January 17, 2013

What do you do if your car is stolen ?

If you car is stolen from your own property or garage or a public street or a municipal parking lot, you should immediately notify the police and your insurance company. If it is not recovered within a reasonable time and you are covered for theft, the insurance company must pay you the car's fair value.

If the automobile is stolen while parked in a commercial garage or a paid parking lot where you have turned your keys over to an attendant, the operator of the facility is responsible for the car and for reporting the theft to the police. If the vehicle is recovered he must reimburse you for any damage that you may have suffered.

To bring a lawsuit against an insurance company or a car attendant or a commercial garage, contact a lawyer immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful and you shall be heard.